Saturday, 30 August 2014

Trek finished...

A spectacular albeit tough (two passes over 5000m) trek now finished.  Making our way Muktinath to Pokhara by various land transportation.Will  update in a few days.

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Arrived Kathmandu... off for trek

Arrived safe but tired, after missing connection in Seoul. No problem, Korean Air took care of us.

Katmandu is hot and humid. Today we head out for 19-21 day trek (Annapurna Circuit with Nar-Phu valley add on).

Of course, pissing rain right now!

Offline for duration of trek.

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Off for a monsoon trek in Nepal...

We leave in a few days for another trekking adventure in Nepal; this time a trek during the monsoon (a first for us). 

Plan is to start the Annapurna Circuit, divert a few days later for a 7-day camping trek in the isolated Nar-Phu valley, then return via the Kang La to the lodges of the Annapurna Circuit and go over the Thorung La. All going well, the trek should be 19-22 days.

After Nepal, we will relax in Bali and Thailand for a couple of weeks, then return home to Vancouver and Whistler.

Friday, 1 August 2014

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Whistler, BC
As our Summer in Vancouver draws to a close, we find ourselves making significant (for us) decisions.

The biggest decision? We've decided we wanted to live in Whistler. In the mountains so we can ski, hike and all those things we love (in addition to sailing). Also, as much as we loved our Summer in Vancouver, we also found it to be a little too hectic and noisy; Whistler is quiet (excluding the "village").

Next decision? Well, if we are going to move to Whistler, why not get a place now? That's what we have done: no longer "homeless", we have found and moved into a beautiful (to us, at least) one-bedroom recently renovated townhouse condo with a great view of the mountains (including the ski runs); it is located <10 minutes walk to the ski lifts and even closer to the village, but is across the highway in a quiet residential area. We are now living in it and love it.

We've also decided we will get Pelagia back to Vancouver some time next Summer (2015) -- which route still be determined (sail via Hawaii? Marquesas? or "direct" via freighter?).

We return to Pelagia in Mazatlan in the 3rd week of October.